In LaPorte, police announced today they are investigating a possible arson fire that occurred on Thursday night in the 200 block of Cable Street. LaPorte Police report the occupant of the home told officers he was in the living room when he heard a “splashing” noise, then saw a moving light source and then the bathroom erupted into flames. The man informed police he believes someone poured gasoline in through an open window and then threw a match inside, causing the fire. The occupant reported the home belongs to his father and is in the process of foreclosure, however he had been staying there.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact LaPorte Police at (219) 362-9446, or at www.lpcitypd.com to submit a crime tip, and you can remain anonymous.