Region-News-Team-Black-Logo

Turkey Fryer Suspected to Start Fire

Share this post

Boone Grove Fire Department Fire Chief Bill Casbon says a turkey fryer is believed to have been the cause of a house fire Sunday afternoon.  Reports say the fryer ignited while in a garage, and spread to the house when the oil sloshed out as the homeowner was trying to get it outside.  The house became fully engulfed.  There were no reports of injuries. 

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has safety tips for preventing fires and burns when using turkey fryers on its website:  http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml04/04041.html


Meet-The-Team

Laura-WZVN Scott-WZVN Brent-WZVN
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WZVN Karl-WZVN Annie-WZVN
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast

Flash is not supported on this device. If you wish to listen to this audio, you must download and play an mp3 using an mp3 player on your device. CLICK HERE