HAMMOND, Ind. — Purdue University Calumet is Indiana’s No. 2-ranked college/university for providing a quality education at an affordable price.
The College Database recently released its rankings of top Indiana higher educational institutions based on best financial return on investment. Purdue Calumet is ranked behind Purdue University at West Lafayette.
“Value and affordability comprise the cornerstone of the Purdue education we offer at Purdue Calumet,” Chancellor Thomas L. Keon said. “This recognition verifies that an education built on academic excellence that enables personal and professional success can be both high quality and reasonably priced.”
For its rankings, The College Database used a metric that considers institutions with annual tuition rates of less than $20,000 and new graduates who earn an average annual salary of at least $40,000. The College Database reported that recent Purdue Calumet graduates command an average annual salary of $42,900, while the tuition Purdue Calumet students pay is the lowest among ranked institutions.
“With the cost of college a concern for many families, it’s important for students to find a school that produces successful, well-paid graduates,” Matt Davis, managing director of communication & partnerships for The College Database, said. “We believe it’s equally important to recognize the colleges and universities that offer both quality and affordable post-secondary options.”
Rankings of Indiana institutions
Nine institutions qualified for The College Database Indiana rankings. They are:
1. Purdue University (West Lafayette)
2. Purdue University Calumet
3. Indiana University (Bloomington)
4. IIT Technical Institute (Indianapolis)
5. Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
6. Indiana State University
7. Ball State University
8. Indiana University-Purdue University Ft. Wayne (IPFW)
9. University of Southern Indiana
The College Database, according to its web site, uses data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Census Bureau and American Fact Finder to develop its rankings. More comprehensive information can be accessed at the College Database website.
Other recent Purdue Calumet recognitions
Purdue Calumet’s ranking by The College Database follows other recent recognitions the university has received, including:
· “Best College/University” -- The Times of NW Indiana Best of the Region 2013 readership survey;
· “Best Adult Educational Institution” – The Times of NW Indiana Best of the Region 2013 readership survey;
· “Best University for Attaining a Technology Degree” – 2013 Best of Northwest Indiana Business magazine readership survey;
· Top 100 status in awarding degrees to minority students – Diverse: Issues in Higher Educationmagazine.
# # #