Annie was born and raised in Northwest Indiana with her younger sister and parents in Hammond. After spending some time out of the area chasing the radio dream she has moved back to start a family with her two main men: Jager the mutt and fiance Rob. When she is not on the air Annie enjoys cheering her favorite Chicago sports teams (Da Bears, Da Bulls, And Da Sox), hiking, and exploring new fairs and festivals! (Anything Deep Fried she's in!) Annie cannot wait to share her life with you on air and is excited to be back in the Region doing what she loves!
Today is Innergize Day... a day for you to take the time to do what makes you happy. For me, hitting the trails and hiking with Jager is one of my favorite ways to relax and let go of all the stress. (This week has the perfect weather!) What's your go to stress reliever? (Let us know on Facebook here)
Here's Some Ideas:
- Read a book
- Eat some chocolate!
- Watch a funny movie
- Turn off your cell and enjoy the silence.
OK Peter Pan, fly away to that happy place. Can you see it? It's oh so close...
Check Out The 3 Trending Topics Of The Day! (Audio Version Is On Demand)
EMMY AWARDS LAST NIGHT
Did you watch last night... kinda a downer with all the tributes. Here are some big winners:
Miniseries or Movie - Behind the Candelabra
Outstanding Comedy Series - Modern Family
Outstanding Drama Series - Breaking Bad
GRAND THEFT AUTO $$$
Grand Theft Auto V has crossed the $1 billion sales mark after three days in stores, a rate faster than any other video game, film or other entertainment product has ever managed, its creator Take Two Interactive Inc. said on Friday. The latest installment of GTA, a cultural phenomenon that has sparked a national debate on adult content and violence, received strong reviews and racked up $800 million in first-day sales alone.
XFACTOR BOMBING IN THE RATINGS
The latest season of the X-Factor was as flat as some of its contestants when it was broadcast on Thursday night. Viewing figures fell to 6.1 million for the latest series, a 38 percent drop from last year despite being just a few episodes in. Despite promises by Simon Cowell that this series would be bigger and better than before, the latest episode dropped by 14 percent from the two-hour edition broadcast on Fox the previous week.
FOOTBALL PICKS: 2-1 LAST WEEK... COLTS MESSED US UP! (Winners In BOLD)
BEARS AT STEELERS SUNDAY NIGHT... Steelers Can't Start 0-3... Can They?!?!
COLTS TAKE ON THE 49ERS... 49ers Embarrassed Last Week, Will Take It Out On Colts.
DENVER AND RAIDERS ON MNF... Is This Even Fair?!?!
BEARS AT STEELERS SUNDAY NIGHT
COLTS TAKE ON THE 49ERS
DENVER AND RAIDERS ON MNF
Who are you going with?!?! Let Us Know On Our Facebook Page!
The Huffington Post has released its list of the 23 things every woman should stop doing. (I'm guilty of a bunch, are you?)
1. Apologizing all the time.
2. Saying "yes" to everyone else.
3. Saying "no" to yourself.
4. Viewing food as the enemy.
5. Body-snarking -- out loud or in your own head. Stop putting your looks down, period.
6. Feeling like an impostor when you accomplish something professionally. Women are more likely than men to feel like "impostors" at work, often doubting whether we deserve the successes we achieve. Start taking your accomplishments at face value.
7. Obsessively untagging every "unflattering" photo of you that ever existed online.
8. Comparing your real life to someone else’s virtual one. Spending a ton of time obsessing over your own online life can be anxiety-provoking -- but so can obsessing over other peoples’ virtual personas.
9. Holding on to regrets and guilt.
10. Wearing heels every day.
11. Judging other women’s sex lives.
12. Judging your own sex life.
13. Trying to be "chill." Maybe you truly are the "cool girl" who loves nothing more than kicking back with a six-pack and a movie. But for those of us who don’t possess the "chill" gene, let’s stop trying.
14. Fearing the label "crazy." There is no easier way to discredit a woman’s opinion or feelings than to accuse her of being overly emotional.
15. WebMD-ing everything.
16. Worrying that your life doesn’t look like Pinterest. You are not Martha Stewart. You will probably never make that DIY floating bookshelf.
17. Fearing being alone.
18. Being in relationships for the sake of having a relationship.
19. Not taking advantage of your vacation days.
20. Holding on to toxic friendships.
21. Spending time with people out of obligation.
22. Being embarrassed about your interests.
23. Setting deadlines for major life events.
Page 37 of 109